Cadre 3D Viewer (C3V) - With support for X3P
The viewer software is intended to display 3D surface topographies in support of firearm and toolmark examination. These scans are typically collected at high resolution (3 micrometers per pixel or better). These are large files and the surfaces are extremely complex. The graphic requirements for displaying a high-resolution 3D surface are similar to those required for a modern high-end computer game. Therefore, a sufficiently powerful computer with modern graphics card is required to use the viewer. When you first run the viewer it will attempt to display images at different resolutions to test your system.
- Windows 7 (64bit) or Windows 10. No other operating systems are supported at this time (eg. Windows 7 (32bit) and Windows 8 are not supported).
- Graphics Display with resolution of at least 1920x1080
- 4GB of System Memory
- NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card (at least 1GB of display memory (see additional detail below))
If your computer was purchased before 2013 it is unlikely that it will meet the above specifications.
- Windows 10
- 24" or 27" Monitor with 4K resolution (3840x2160) (eg. ASUS PB287Q)
- 8GB of System Memory
- NVIDIA GeForce Graphics Card with at least 2GB of display memory
Important Note: The view you see on your desktop IS UNLIKELY TO BE the same as what you would see on a high-end visualization workstation. The quality of image you will see on your computer through the viewer is a function of your graphics card and monitor. If you are not running the recommended specs above then your view will not be as clear and crisp as what you would see on Cadre’s TopMatch-GS 3D scanning and analysis system.
Checking your System:
If you are unsure if your system meets the minimum requirements, you can generate a system report and send it to Cadre. Directions on generating the system report can be found here, LINK
The two most common shortcomings are running a 32bit version of Windows and not having a powerful enough graphics card. The following are links to verified hardware that should work with your system and the viewer. Please check with your IT department before purchasing to ensure that the components are compatible with your system.
- (Minimal) PNY GeForce GT 730 (1GB, PCI Express 2.0) ($60) (LINK)
- This card should fit most Windows systems, does not require dedicated power, and is tested compatible with the 3d viewer software. It may not have sufficient memory for large scan files.
- Note that there are multiple versions of the GT 730 card. Please be sure that if you select one different from the above that it meets the same specs.
- (Recommended) EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB, 1280 core, PCI Express 3.0) ($250) (LINK)
- This card should fit most Windows systems, and is tested compatible with the 3d viewer software. Note that this card requires a dedicated power cable (from the computer's internal power supply), note that not all computers have an available 6-pin power cable (please check with your IT group).
- Note that there are multiple versions of the GTX 1060 card. Please be sure that if you select one different from the above that it meets the same specs.
NOTE: Avoid purchasing any systems with NVIDIA Quadro cards. The Quadro cards are double precision and are not fully compatible with the viewer software.
If your system meets specifications please Click Here to request a link to the viewer software. Please indicate `X3P Viewer Software' in the 'Product or Service of Interest' field.